Specialist Dermatologists at the Acne Specialist Clinic perform a technique of chemical peeling to treat deep acne scars. Deep ice pick scars respond poorly to Fraxel/ Lasers however can be addressed with TCA peels. TCA CROSS chemical peels can be safely used in all skin types, and in our hands has an excellent safety profile. If performed correctly, this method is an excellent method to treat selected acne scars. We tailor the concentration and technique of chemical peeling according to the skin type and depth of acne scars.
TCA CROSS is the most successful treatment for deep acne scars, this simple procedure outperforms even the most powerful and latest lasers.
Facts on TCA Cross chemical peels and acne scars
- Deep acne scars, such as ice pick scars can be very difficult to treat and do not respond to laser treatments
- TCA Cross chemiacal peel method does not treat the full face, however TCA is placed in focal areas of acne scarring
- In specialist hands, results are excellent. Patients will require two to three treatments for best outcomes
- Treatment with the TCA cross method is well tolerated and recovery is quicker than with laser treatment
- TCA cross can be used on all skin types, including darker skin patients
- In darker skin types, temporary darkening of skin can be seen for several weeks or months following TCA Cross peels, light skin types recover much faster
- We combine TCA CROSS with other treatments such as Fractional laser, full laser resurfacing and RadioFrequency treatments as part of our Synergy Program for scar revision