The Acne Specialist Clinic has Australia’s largest selection of laser and light based methods to treat acne scarring. The CO2 laser forms an integral part in the management of moderate to severe scarring. This laser is more powerful than Erbium, Pearl and the Fraxel laser. CO2 laser is ideal for certain types of acne scarring, in suitable skin types. CO2 lasers used in dermatology for the treatment of scars and skin rejuvenation for over 20 years, and still remains an excellent modality if performed correctly.
The CO2 laser can be used in 3 main modes - full resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and a combination of both. The mode we choose will depend on your scar type, skin type and downtime. The CO2 laser forms an integral part of our Synergy Method of acne scar revision- it is one of the main methods we employ to treat acne scars.
Important facts on CO2 RE Laser for acne scars
- This laser is the ‘big gun’ of scar revision for acne
- CO2 can deliver a huge improvement in acne scars
- CO2 full resurfacing will also give the longest downtime
- Carbon Dioxide laser is only suited for lighter skin types
- Erbium laser is best suited for darker skin types and provides less downtime for the patient
- We recommend different lasers for different skin and scar types to provide the absolute best results possible
- We often combine Vascular lasers after CO2 lasers as part of our Synergy Program for acne scars
- Specialist often combine both CO2 laser and fractional laser in the one treatment to deliver outstanding results in select patients